I’ve been involved with political parties of one kind or another for almost ten years now — on and off, as my sanity ran out or was replenished. To help those who might be thinking of making a foray into the world of politics, I’ve made this handy chart.
What I once thought politics would be like…
- 45%: Table thumping political debates
- 50%: Campaigning, doorknocking, drum-beating, etc…
- 5%: Admin and gopher work
What politics is actually like…
- 75%: Carrying heavy shit around
- 20%: Bureaucracy
- 4%: Glorified begging— I MEAN FUNDRAISING
- 1% …politics?